Tuesday 2 September 2014

After that awesome start to holiday in Quito, we ventured out to the Galapagos. For me the Galapagos is something that has been on my bucket list since I saw the Galapagos documentary by David Attenborough. When we got there I was not at all disappointed. The landscape was spectacularly beautiful and was home to tons of colourful animals including: pelicans, flamingoes, iguanas, sea lions, larva lizards, penguins, frigate birds (they puff out their balloon-like chest to attract a mate) and of course the famous blue footed boobies. However, they were only the land animals and we went snorkelling twice every day to swim with: parrot fish, eels, rays, balloon fish, angel fish, sea lions, sharks and turtles. It was by far the most unforgettable 5days of my life and I felt so privelaged to be on the islands I have dreamt on going to for a very long time. It was so sad leaving but then I remembered I still had two more weeks to look forward to in Peru.























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.